It can be tough taking care of your fitness when you have to handle work and home at the same time! However, women love to stay fit despite the lack of time and so here are some effective ways for working women to stay in shape!
1. Exercise Daily: If you can’t dedicate an hour daily at least workout even for 20 minutes. Consistent exercise leads to slow but consistent weight loss and helps keep the kilos off.
2. Stay active at work. Meet a colleague at his/ her desk instead of calling, Don’t take help in photocopying but go to the machine yourself. Extra activity means extra calories burned!
3. Take the stairs instead of using the elevator at work, at home or even at malls. You can climb 4 to 6 storey everyday by making this small change!
4. Eat smart: Choose the least fattening food on the menu when eating out. Have a fresh vegetable salad with no dressing before your main course. Vegetables are high on nutrients and will enhance your beauty. Have meals that are high in proteins and low on carbohydrates and fats. Try and skip the desert!
5. Drink lots of water every day. It helps in detoxification and also flushes out fat deposits so have at least 8 glasses of water daily!
6. Consume small portions instead of having large meals. Try having 5 small meals instead of 3 big ones in a day.
7. Avoid unnecessary snacking. Have natural foods like fruits or yoghurt instead of having high calorie sugars, carbohydrates and fats.
8. Take extra time out on weekends to work out. If you don’t want to spend time at the gym or want to be with friends and family, plan up an activity that requires physical exertion like trekking or mountain biking.
9. Don’t skip meals due to the lack of time. Carry high protein snack bars for days when you can’t leave the desk to have lunch.
10. Your muscles work better when they are rested so get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
Many women today are not having time to go to a beautician or search online for fitness tricks, who is not busy with their daily activities? For them, we have great online degree programs of fitness and diet.